Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas In Big Bear

I felt kind of guilty (in a hedonistic way) for having one of the best Christmas' ever. The guilty part of the memory is that I spent it apart from my family, and most importantly my mom. However, I was able to overcome this guilty angst a bit because she and I spent the most amazing time together the week before, reading poetry and enjoying each other's company. I arrived two days before Christmas and found Sweet Sienna sprinkled with a good six inches of fresh snow. I gathered a good pile of firewood and stacked it inside next to the fireplace. I unpacked my bags and turned on some Christmas music, and settled in for the Christmas holiday. The next day, I hit the ski slopes, and was totally amazed at how beautiful and full of Christmas spirit the mountain was. The trees were dusted with snow, the skies were crystal blue with bright white clouds rose above the horizon like giant waves crashing on the beach. I even tried skiing at night one time. BEAUTIFUL.

No comments: