Monday, August 10, 2009

Playing Cello in the Mountains

I went up to visit Sweet Sienna this weekend spent most of the weekend playing cello. I played so much that my fingers started to bleed. This is one of the most beautiful pains that exists in the world. At one point I was playing outside while gazing at the forest and mountains in front of me. I couldn't help but notice how many birds started to congregate in front of me. As I was playing I was constantly reminded how lucky I am to have this little sanctuary and oasis. When I left on Sunday afternoon I left with the promise to practice, practice, practice.

Listen To The Audio

Included in this clip entry are two audio postings that show demonstrate what I was working on while in the mountains. The first audio is an operatic version of the song "Tre Gironi Son Che Nina". The opera describes a man who is losing his love to illness. And he is standing over her sick body and tells her how much he loves her. The second audio is of me playing the same piece. See what you think.

No comments: