Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Lights Are Hung For Our First Big Bear Christmas


The truth is that I am not a very traditional person. This is especially true when it comes to holidays. I mean if you want a pumpkin, fine get a pumpkin; you want to give me a Valentine, that's cool; you want a Christmas tree and lights, whatever! But Mari is really emotional about these things. So true to form, she went out and bought some lights for the house and while I sat and read a book, she was up on a ladder hanging the twinkling blue, white and red Christmas lights. When she was done, you know what? I was really happy and impressed! Check it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled on your website and found your comments about "Sienna" and your new place in Big Bear very touching. The cabin name is lovely!

I have lived on and off the mountain for nearly 22 years; my sons were just 18 mo.'s and 36 mo.'s old when my parents bought in Moonridge!

Now my sons are in school (college) and mom has returned to the mountain to live in the cabin our parents left us.

I feel my mother's incredible spirit when I am here. It's a wonderful, content and special feeling to know she is still with me.

I know you will enjoy your time here and even if it is without your Sienna, you will always be 7000 feet closer to her when you are here!

Sincerely,
C.L.

PS: Music sounds better and writng/poetry comes more naturally when you're up here!

Vicente said...

Beautiful and kind words. Thank you very much. Indeed, I feel closer to her when I am in Big Bear!

vincent